PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scottish - Why is it...
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2009, 13:13
rolaaand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Piltdown Man-Do please come in to the centre for a visit,we don't see that many pilots in the ops room. Those that do come in leave with an appreciation of why there are level restrictions all over the place, even if they are still not happy about being forced down early.
Your posts seem to be very me,me,me. I want this and I want that. Fair enough but it's not all about you. The ATC system in the whole of Europe is set up to provide the maximum capacity possible because that's what the airlines want, it's for the greater good of every operator. This means that you will have to descend earlier than you want a lot of the time,however so does everyone else.
If the airlines approached the ATC service providers en masse and demanded that their aircraft be allowed to fly CDA's from top of descent to touchdown in the name of fuel economy then we as the service providers would probably have to oblige. There would however be a HUGE cut in capacity to accomodate this.
That said,we controllers appreciate that fuel costs a fortune for the airlines at the mo and we do cancel level restrictions wherever possible. Try chatting to the cargo folks who fly up and down the country at night,they get directs and no level restrictions from about midnight til five in the morning