PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - General Aviation in Nigeria
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2009, 11:31
AlternativeProcedure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eagleflier, whatever you do, dont pay for a type rating. This was exactly the same scenario in 2005(but alot worse then) where the likes of bellview/chanchangi would only take a pilot if they were already rated. And the rating of choice at the time was 737-200, if you didnt have one you were nobody. Capital airlines had just stopped operations, associated only had a HS125, only one or two people managed to get into aero at the time, mobil was a no go area.

It all seemed as if the world was coming to an end. Trust me things are a 100 times better now, you have the likes of arik, virgin, caverton who all didnt exist at the time. And even when Virgin came, they didnt want low houred co-pilots like us at the time, so that was a waste.

The only beacon of hope was aero. And they eventually squawked ident and gave me a job. I started on the twin otter at aero and now I fly jets in Europe for a well known national carrier. Just be patient, get to know people, network, network, network and in the mean time get all your conversions done to the NCAA licence. Its very easy to let all the doom and gloom get to you. Someone will need you very soon, it may not be the big jet of your choice, but guaranteed, it will be a turbine aircraft and thats all you need to start in this game. If you get into a turbo-prop you will learn how to trully fly a plane and you'll never regret it. No rush mate!!!