PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - 3
Thread: Jet2 - 3
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2009, 10:05
Cloud1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having been in a situation where I, as an employee to the airline, is confronted with a check-in hall full of passengers due to there being an insufficient number of desks open I can safely say its highly embarrasing and frustrating.

I can also however safely say that never would a member of Management or the CEO throw his toys out of the pram in front of fare paying passengers, in the way Mr Meeson has been reported as doing so.

I completely agree with those posters who put forward the argument that these staff despite maybe being in the wrong are afterall human beings. In this case Mr Meeson is acting in a manner no better than a passenger who would shout and scream, and then as a result be refused travel due to offensive behaviour towards staff.

The issue I have, and hence why I have remained silent until now, is when you read the standard of responses by members of this forum you can see why so many support Mr Meeson's actions. There are a high percentage of posters who post crass, rude and unneccesary comments in their replies in a tone which not only is arrogant and aggressive, but are towards people that these posters do not neccesarily know.

My question is this. How are these posters on this forum any different to Mr Meeson, and how is Mr Meeson any different to customers to the airline who are refused travel when they kick up a fuss.

DSA-DUB - You are spot on. This subject has reached the end - there is no answer which can be agreed on so please move on.