PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - 3
Thread: Jet2 - 3
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2009, 22:20
Ernest Lanc's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by al446
There is more than one thread running on this subject, I just happened to have read the other one.
I stand corrected.

Originally Posted by al446
No, their wages are being paid directly by Aviance not J2. It is surely then the responsibility of the staff's line manager to investigate and issue rebuke if warranted, not for some smart a**e MD to come along castigating them in an exceptionally surly and offensive manner.
I agree the wages are paid to the staff by Aviance. However I meant that the cash came from JET2 to pay the workers.

If PM noticed that staff shortcomings were making for long queues for his pax, then he had a right IMO to point this out which he obviously did.

You say he was "exceptionally surly and offencive", well if that's true he did overstep the line of decent behaviour. TSR2 was there and says:-

Originally Posted by TSR2
I was not aware of any ranting by anyone until I read about it in the newspapers several days later. Does anyone know what time this rant by PM took place?
TSR2 stated the times he was there in his post.

So without hard evidence it's seems a mater of opinion as to how offencive PM was with the Aviance staff.

I believe that JET2 have high standards, and also believe Mr Meeson wishes JET2 to keep up these standards.

If you think he was offencive, that is your prerogative and I respect your opinion - But I would like more proof on what actually happened before condemning PM, all we have are press reports.

On another matter one poster advised us to use Monarch with their shiny newish a/c, rather than JET2. I last used Monarch in 2006 on a return flight from Blackpool to Malaga.

Some (Not All) of Monarch cabin staff were not IMO pleasant at all. The seats were not comfortable at all, and it seemed like we were little better than sardines.
Top that with the worst ever landing I have experienced - Anyone on that flight WED at the end of July 06 Malaga/BLK will remember a memorable landing.

All my trips with JET2 have been hassle free, friendly cabin staff, and first rate pilots.

And to those having a pop at JET2 757s - Cost of flight comes into the equation, and the main consideration is getting there and back safely - If the a/c are clean and safe, that coupled with price of seats is what matters to me.

EDIT: Also Monarch IMO proved unreliable. When they pulled out of BLK - They did that before the summer schedule finished in 2006, and pax had to go to MAN instead.

Now that is what I call unreasonable.

Last edited by Ernest Lanc's; 27th Sep 2009 at 15:05. Reason: Correction