PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - 3
Thread: Jet2 - 3
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2009, 19:46
TSR2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You arre correct, I was not there, nor were you
But I was and here are the facts.

I arrived in the Jet2 check-in hall at 05.40 for a 07.40 flight to Murcia and a Jet2 employee directed us to a rather long queue for the 'Fast Bag Drop' facility with an apology stating that 'a few check-in staff have not started work yet'. This seemed a rather strange statement so I immediately looked at how many check-in desks were open. There were two desks open for Fast Bag Drop and three desks open for standard check-in.

At 06.00 the queue for Fast Bag Drop ran almost the length of the check-in hall. As we approached the front of the queue, a supervisor changed the system to direct the Fast Bag Drop queue to any check-in desk which started to speed up the check-in process.

We completed check-in by 06.15 at which time no additional desks were open. On leaving the check-in desk I remember saying to one of my travelling companions that there was a distinct lack of enthusiasm by the check-in staff and that I felt a bit sorry for the Jet2 staff who seemed embarassed and frustrated at the situation. It certainly was not a good reflection on Jet2.

I was not aware of any ranting by anyone until I read about it in the newspapers several days later. Does anyone know what time this rant by PM took place?