PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scottish - Why is it...
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2009, 19:28
DutchBird-757

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting topic, especially as I am a pilot based in EDI and fly in-and out of Scottish airspace nearly daily.

Everyone I've flown with knows that we'll be offered no restrictions at MARGO when it's available and to anticipate Alt 7000' (FL70 equiv) at the entry fix TARTN into EDI. The FL260 restriction at Margo is no real problem for descent planning's. Yes it's a wee bit early but that's life. We'll often see crossing traffic (usually the big boys) above MARGO heading NW/SE.

When departing EDI/GLA going south we'll get often offered direct LANAK when passing 4000'. Now that makes one smile. Cheers guys/girls!

Here's a question. What the reason behind the DCS4C/3D departure from EDI that takes you so far west towards Glasgow before heading down south? (at MAVIX) Why not head south earlier towards DCS?

We know that if we're not offered a Direct routing we can ask for one when passing FL100. (if traffic permits etc etc) I must admit I enjoy flying in the Scottish sectors.

If you want to open a can of worms, talk about the French or Spanish controllers/sectors. Not the Scottish.

It's appreciated, greetz from the flightdeck