PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - 3
Thread: Jet2 - 3
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2009, 19:22
howard h

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've used the "hell-hole" that is the basement of T1 to check-in LS flights. Actually, it isn't a "hell-hole" it's quite cozy and a darned sight easier to get dropped off outside than much of the rest of the airport.
I do have one gripe, my last flight was to IBZ departing 0655 and Jet2 ask passengers to "check in a minimum of two hours before the flight".
Fine, I did that, two-and-a-half hours before.
Ahem, there was no-one at the desks to check people in until, you've guessed it, two hours before the flight, so a queue started.
And meaning less time for the early birds wishing to use the VIP lounges to the maximum.
If the dictat states "get there at least two hours before kick-off", then there should be staff on the desks at least three hours before the first flight.

At the other end, "fast" bag drop-off was a joke. IBZ airport didn't open the desks until two hours before the flight, and queues had formed. Then the desks (all 2 of them) open, one gets labelled "fast bag drop" and the other ordinary x-in. Guess what, the orderly queues for each desk turned into an all-out scrum to get to the "right" desk.

Hmmm. Next time, I'll only take the hold baggage. Don't be surprised if you see someone in T1 wearing two coats, three pairs of pants, 2 pullovers, 4 vests and a couple of beach towels round his waist. It'll be my new Vivienne Westwood look.