PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - 3
Thread: Jet2 - 3
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2009, 19:02
al446

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ernest Lanc's

Correct me if I am wrong, but this came up in this thread.
There is more than one thread running on this subject, I just happened to have read the other one. Sorry to join you in your pedantry.

Does not matter one jot that the people involved were Aviance staff, they were contracted to work for JET2 and it was JET2 who paid their wages at that time.
No, their wages are being paid directly by Aviance not J2. It is surely then the responsibility of the staff's line manager to investigate and issue rebuke if warranted, not for some smart a**e MD to come along castigating them in an exceptionally surly and offensive manner. Does his position in J2 give him licence to treat any sub-contracted staff like a dog? If he had been pax awaiting check in would you have let him board or would you have called security?
He was not being 'a little out of order' he was being downright offensive, sufficient to warrant a police caution so not a 'minor matter'. I do not know what you worked as but I would contend that there is a difference between being 'thin skinned' and being treated like a doormat, or worse. He did not, IMO, demonstrate that J2 cares for its customers but that they are being run by an insensitive oaf and, as demonstrated by MOL, that attitude may spill over to pax.
You arre correct, I was not there, nor were you but it would appear he just flew off the handle without checking the situation first. I don't consider that a red herring.
Perhaps PM should hire someone to ensure quality control rather than carry on in this oafish manner.
You may think that J2 can do no wrong, I certainly rate them way above RYR, but no matter what I think of the company I know a thug in a suit when they are described which is what we have here. I too have been sub-contract staff and met his sort, my reaction has been to tell them to stuff their job and leave immediately. It is called self respect which everyone should be entitled to.