PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - 3
Thread: Jet2 - 3
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2009, 17:27
Ernest Lanc's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
al446

Originally Posted by al446
As described on another thread his relationship is not with the check in staff but with Aviance
Correct me if I am wrong, but this came up in this thread.

Does not matter one jot that the people involved were Aviance staff, they were contracted to work for JET2 and it was JET2 who paid their wages at that time.

PM was probably a little out of order with his outburst, but the out of proportion reaction to a minor matter is out of order IMO also. He was in effect although maybe on this occasion wrongly showing the paying customer that the top management of JET2 cares about their comfort from the time they reach the check in desk.

Originally Posted by a1446
perhaps those staff were simply being diligent by being near the desks prior to being told to open them or their contracted hours, for which they are being paid
Have you any proof that was the case?, if not what you have posted is no more than a red herring.

a1446.

I actually agree the PM was silly in having a pop at staff contracted or otherwise in public. However I do think the reaction has been ovedone as this happens in every industry every day. I would not have lasted 5 minutes in my work had I been thin skinned about over zealous supervisors having a pop even though I was self employed but had contracted my labour.

BTW: IMO there even after this episode can Mr Meeson be compared with MOL, who has berated every level of the aviation industry.

Long may Mr Meeson carry on with his spot checks to ensure the best quality control for his customers.