PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scottish - Why is it...
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2009, 13:11
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Scottish - Why is it...

Chaps and Chapesses - can you tell me why Scottish are so different to the rest of the UK/Europe?

1. Descents - if you sneak up on EGPF/H or D from the south have to start your descent a fuel wasting 100 miles or so before you want to. And then, when close in you are kept above an ideal profile. The same applies, I'm told because of Scottish, when you go to EGNT and EGNV. The Germans do it as well, but they have a bit more traffic.

2. What do I do with the information of "threshold elevation" and how do I apply it? If somebody rushed out and changed it fifty feet or so overnight, I probably wouldn't notice.

3. (EGPF here) What is wet? Given a bone dry runway, they are regularly reporting WET WET WET. Why? We need to be able to trust ATC and crying wolf to cover your six is not helpful.

4. When departing and going south, why can't we go direct, outside controlled airpsace with one of these new fangled Deconfliction Services?

5. And thank you to the lovely lady who gave us direct to EGPD from the middle of the North Sea- I'll not say when less I get her into trouble.

I've already put my helmet and body armour on but I would like to know .

PM