PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IPF, the sweetheart union of choice!
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2009, 10:32
sapco2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's not quite as simple as that Flyinstig.

A voluntary recognition agreement can be legally entered into with as few as 10% of the workforce belonging to that union; all it takes to ratify the agreement is a nominee from the workforce. The company may actually have one or more pilot nominees but in our case none of the pilots are aware of who they are, nor have we actually seen a copy of the agreement.

Many pilots from within the company have contacted PJ (IPF man) directly. I did, and he confirmed he has entered into a union agreement with DHL. I asked him who the pilot nominees were and he replied "I am protecting the identity of those persons". I asked "can I see a copy of the agreement", he replied "DHL will publish it on our company website" but 6 weeks later we still haven't seen any sign of the agreement. I also asked PJ if 10% of the pilots are IPF members and replied "I am not obliged to tell you that".

Talking to colleagues in the crewrooms I found two pilots who are IPF members and both say they have received no notification whatsoever from the IPF. They claim they do not know what has been agreed to and frankly I believe them.

Meanwhile PJ of the IPF apparently now won't talk to any of us!