PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun 2008-2009 season
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2009, 09:45
flyingscotsman86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having read through all of this thread and others, I'm very interested in working for some time in Maun or somewhere similar. I think I would enjoy the life and flying out there for a year or 2 and I'm quite good at boozing too. However, I still have some queries:

1) A lot of people mention a C206 rating, which confuses me. Surely a C206 would be covered by a normal SEP rating without needing a specific rating? Assuming it is required, what does it involve in terms of training, examination and cost?

2) I'm still a little confused with the process of converting a JAA CPL to a Botswana licence. Again specifically what is involved in terms of training, examination and cost?

3) Can anybody who is out there at the moment tell me if they know of many people who are planning to leave soon? I'm considering heading out to Maun in January and it would be good to know if people are leaving who might need replaced. I know things have slowed down there with the rest of the world, but would you say this would be the best time to come?

Thanks!