PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A catalogue of errors!!!
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2002, 14:18
starship

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Sorry Transjet guys and girls, I know you have some great people working for you in the cabin et all but the operational reliability really must improve if you are to have a future. If it doesn't other independent charter carriers will benefit, and SWL will lose out. At Newcastle Kosmar/Libra/Priceright use Air Scandic for a large proportion of their flying using the 757 which has an excellent reliability. At Bristol, Nordic Airlink is flying the programme with an MD82 which so far seems to be doing a good job, and has a strong plan for future development.

Strange how things work out though. Several people who work for NDC and SCY were working with Mr Transjet in the days of Nordic European (which reflects SWL this summer quite well) when the NCL/MAN L-1011 bases were operating in Summer 1997, and became for a time tarnished with the same brush.....quite inappropriately considering how well things have turned out for them.

Quite honestly though, I wish SWL good luck for the future and hope that you are going to build a strong and reliable airline - the performance at the minute though leads me to believe that is going to be a very hard task.

With regards to JSI - I really would not like to operate in and out of there without some kind of prebrief - it is a small, not very well equipped hole however with a beautiful island attached!

Get it together SWL! Relive AirOps and you'll be laughing all the way!

cheers,

starship