PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F/O reports incompetent captain in Emirates
Old 8th Jun 2002, 13:46
morto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whoa everyone, keep chillin'!
Regarding the rights and wrongs of going behind someone's back, well many people just don't deal well with confrontation. Captains often say that they would expect the F/O to raise any issues with them first, but not everyone is cut out for that and often that in itself can lead to tension. Also, it's fine for the small stuff but when we get to be talking about SOP's and standards, well, that often becomes the job of someone else higher up the food chain from the F/O. At work we could discreetly bid to avoid flying with a particular captain that we had a problem with. Nobody but the computer got involved until a flying block couldn't be built around him. The system worked great for all those little personality clashes, and eventually showed firm evidence of a problem. Just some thoughts of mine......Bye the way I think those comments about there being no "You" or "Me" just "Us" and "We" were spot on. Remember, if the Captain has wound up high and fast there is a good chance that the F/O's support has been lacking. Also, I think those comments about the company not backing up the Captain are the opposite of spot on. I actually had a guy say the same thing to me one day. He had lots of no fly bids against him I understand....................