PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Evicted ATC student not giving up hope... or should I?
Old 23rd Sep 2009, 04:04
Canoehead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Methosmen, although I feel your pain, there are always at least two sides to every story. In today's ATC world, when a student is 'terminated', the instructors usually have very, very valid reasons for their actions.

As opposed to methods and attitudes prevalent 20 or 30 years ago, 99% of today's instructors agonize over such a decision and try everything possible to help the trainee succeed. Having said that, instructors are human, and mistakes can occur.

Without wanting to give false hopes, you do have several things going for you. I assume you are young, ready to leave home and family and re-locate to just about anywhere in the world. You write about a burning desire to do this job. You have ratings from an academy. Combine this with a (never ending),world-wide shortage of controllers, and you may, as other posters have suggested, be able to re-cycle the last few pages of your brief ATC career and start afresh. That is, if it was meant to be. Best of luck.