PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 22nd Sep 2009, 10:50
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mandyconn,

You seem to have a slightly naive view of internet communications distribution.

Unfortunately the 'Don't distribute this without permission' at the bottom of a page has, in this case, absolutely no legally binding powers whatsoever.

It is quite simply akin to say to somebody in the canteen 'Don't tell anyone I told you this but.....'.

If posted documentation were to contain sensitive business information which could be used by a third party for commercial gain, libelous information on individuals or information of a sensitive nature to the business operations or products it originated from then yes. But then that would be covered under the recipients confidentiality agreement as written into their contract.

I assume the BASSA members have no such confidentiality agreement?

The inane ramblings of the BASSA heir-achy contain little more than passing amusement for some on this forum and a wealth of useless, nebulous mud slinging for the recipient membership.

If legal proceedings were to be progressed then the original recipient of the specific documentation would have to be identified. Unless BASSA digitally watermarks every single one of its documents to specific members then this is never going to happen.

So, back to the discussion, I think we can leave the 'lawyers' bit out from now on.