PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Salamanca Puma Crash Site Memorial
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2009, 15:43
Punchrock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Salamanca Memorial

Paul, I just visited the graves at Odiham for the first time today, its only taken me 33 years to find SAC Colin Egan, I was also on 230 Sqdn on the Regt Flight, my detachment at that time was NI whiles Colins was of course Belize. I never knew what happened as far as the funerals were concerned. Strangely I always thought that Colins family didnt want a military funeral so I assumed they buried him locally, he was originally from Romford I think. Anyhow, I just wanted to say I knew your father as well and Nigel Storey a couple of nice guys who kept up the banter when they wanted a 'Rock' to do something for them. I wasnt a best buddy with your Dad or anything like that, is just that it says volumes that I can picture Colin, Nigel Storey and your dad as if it was yesterday, whereas I can hardly remember any of the other Regt Lads at all. If there is a memorial at Odiham itself. I wouldnt mind seeing it either , if you are successful can you drop me a line? Maybe they have open days. My Email is [email protected] (it looks wrong but is right)

best regards

Chris.,