PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So where are all the jobs then?
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2009, 09:46
M14_P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good reality check this one, well said Shotover, and frankly pretty much all the other comments here.
I think the problem with many, is they don't actually know what they REALLY want out of life or aviation. That old story about the flight instructor imagining how great it would be to get a little xcountry IFR, then theres the fella in the Twin at 10,000ft etc etc, and then the boeing pilot looking at the stars wishing he was an astronaut, then there is the astronaut looking back at earth and pinpointing the very spot he first soloed in a cub.

It is almost as if we need to escape out of our own minds to look back at oneself to realise what it is that we REALLY want.
Before you get buried with debt in this industry I think more young people should stop and really think about what they actually want out of life and out of aviation. I think it takes many alot longer than just a few months to realise what their ultimate potential really is.

I know for sure what I want and always have wanted, and am well on the way but it seems crazy, that so many people are so depressed about it, about aviation, about flying. I can't believe why anyone would want to spend the sort of money we all have to spend and not totally love flying.