PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Evicted ATC student not giving up hope... or should I?
Old 19th Sep 2009, 12:25
methosmen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evicted ATC student not giving up hope... or should I?

Hi everyone.
Looking for some advice on how you think I should proceed.

I have ratings with in ADI and APS from ATC academy Entry Point North, in Malmoe, Sweden.

Started my OJT in august 2008.
Sadly, me and the two other students at the airport were all fired on the same day and for the same reason: not reached expected level of achievement within the time limit. I had 344 hours in position, the other two around 400 hours. An ATCO, with 8 years of experience, on transfer training, started simultaneously as us, and he used around 450 hours before completed. I had two phase-reports saying good/great progress. The last one was my termination. I had no extra training, no focus on not performing to expected level, well not until 13 days before termination.

So I was one month away of completion when I was evicted. I have 2 years of excessive training behind me.

I am highly motivated. I still hold a valid student ATC license, a valid medical certificate and a English proficiency endorsement. My dream is still to become an ATCO.

How can I go about doing this?
Do you know of someone in the same situation who have succeeded?
Do you know of a TWR and/or APP unit with lack of personnel whom I could contact?

Please PM me with any information you think could be of value.
I have an updated CV if interested.