PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Safety briefs regs and checks. Who benefits and why?
Old 18th Sep 2009, 22:57
sea oxen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh dear, thread drift everywhere here. Let's start:

EtOH is flammable, but when it's hydrous, it's in a nice sort of way, you know, when magicians set a handkerchief on fire and pass it through their hands. I imagine that in any event serious enough to spill the bins, drop the heavy bottles causing them to spray their contents only to be ignited by fires emanating from the wing box, it'd be the fuel tanks which would perturb me more.

Having survived two bottles of 80% Stroh rum in my lifetime, I'd be more scared of the passenger carrying it than any conflagration resulting from their spillage.

The expression 'SLF' is, in my opinion, not derogatory. If I am daft enough to again buy shares in an airline, these passengers - sweet little children with their doe-eyed parents - are units. My objective is to obtain as much profit from each unit as possible. The strategy is left to the management. I entrust them to decide how these units are treated. If the units are happy, they might return. If it costs more to make these units happy than to acquire new units - well, you see where I'm leading.

When you hop on a flight, have a look around you. How many of those other passengers could you like? And of those you couldn't - those incapable of any form of manners beyond grunting and asking for another Stella - how many would you like to greet, serve and generally be nice to in one day?

It is only reasonable that people who do need to tend to the people who can afford to fly - that is, everybody - might seek some solace in using a catchall expression to describe their payload. I am proud to be self-loading freight, and I hope that the sandwich chuckers and guys with big watches are in accord with that.

MP3/4 players before/after cruise: You don't allow me to smoke, so I'm sure you'll survive without my listening to your appalling taste in music for a bit. The crew will provide you with a colouring-in book if required, and can help you with it, too.

SO