PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF Asks DL to Assess Safety Issues
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2009, 10:43
Me Myself

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr. Gourgeon said that before the crash, Air France's accident record was better than the global airline-industry average but now is average.
This promises a lot of very interesting encounters !!!! A DL captain auditing a french cockpit ??? I definitly want to be there. LOL in perspective.
This............let's call it an audit has been called by the...........yeah........small unions as the magic bullet and I think this is a farce.
What isn't however, is Mr Gourgeon's quote. If I were a victim's relative, I'd have my blood boil instantly and I think the man simply put his foot into his mouth and makes me very embarassed.
All the last years major incidents have had nothing to do with a so called faulty in house safety culture. It had to do with people screwing the pooch, plain and simple and it happened to me too.
I am not taking 447 into account as there is definitly more than meets the eye on this one and we know close to nothing.
For the life of me, I can find no quote in our manuals that says, " Thou shall land midrunway in the middle of storm and over run it so you can end up a mess in front of CNN " and so forth as I do not wish to list the freak show we've witnessed these last few years.
I think what we lack is both discipline and plain boring right there in the manual common sense. Screw flamboyance and pig headed minded.
As President Bush senior once said " What's wrong with being boring ? "

Interesting that they wouldn't turn to KLM for this. Too many internal boardroom issues for that to happen ?
You may have a very valid point there.