PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NJS-717s ?
Thread: NJS-717s ?
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2002, 04:14
Airspeed Ambassador

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry There's one in every crowd!

CAPT146,

I'm very happy for you that you are able to feel so SAFE. But who are you kidding? I'm sure the Southern staff were feeling quite SAFE right up until the end!!

NJS runs on BS rumours like the one you have just posted. What matters is the reality. NJS has provided a good product to Qantas despite its outdated equipment. But history will mean nothing at the end of the day. Qantas’s options to replace the 146 fleet may or may not involve NJS. It will be price driven to a certain extent but I think the reality is that Impulse is set for expansion where possible.

I have reconsidered my own arguments against the 717 in WA and I can see that it would not be beyond the realms of possibility to see Impulse 717’s on WA’s existing 737 routes, while the 146 continues to the difficult (short runway) destinations. There is no reason the 717 could not handle the 146 routes out of Brisbane as well.

You are right when you say the NJS pilots are “as safe as ever”. They have NEVER been safe and they are will stay that way until further notice!

The NJS crews are a professional bunch. Please stop $hit stirring and posting stuff that may be regarded by outsiders as representing the majority.

AA