PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VBA Multiple EBA Woes
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2009, 23:57
knowall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I may be a bit confused, which is not unusual, but can someone explain
Given that there is no longer an oversupply of pilots at VB (if there ever was),

VB has dropped capacity by more than the market drop and has had a significant rise in LF (although a reduction in yield),

That there is a general opinion that the market will improve over the next 12 months and that there appears to be a reasonable number of upgrades within VB over the next 12 months due to attrition (so no further contraction of pilot requirements).
Why there is such a push for VA CRFOs and FO to go to VB to get experience (that a large portion don't require) for an upgrade to make way for VB pilots in VA? After all general consensus in this thread is that under the current T &Cs VA is not worth the effort.

After all if VB pilots taught VA management a lesson and didn't come to VA, then there would be promotional prospects for VA pilots and a lever to improve conditions for all at VA.

Obviously there are some very junior CRFOs and at least 1 very junior FO and something will need to be done for them. Lufthansa, BA, SA, BA, QF et al all employ cadets so having 10K of heavy jet prior to joining is not the only path

wirgin blew I hope I haven't been nasty, just conversing with my fellow professional.