PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Safety briefs regs and checks. Who benefits and why?
Old 16th Sep 2009, 12:22
lowcostdolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strake Hi

I do have a degree actually and it took me four years to achieve it. Also I still not only practice in that field but it comes in very useful on a plane sometimes!

Jsl . Point taken on the username......chosen months ago and posts/views change . The smilies are just my way of trying to lighten a post......again no offence intended and the facility is provided by pprune.

I am sure of my facts on this post. Firstly your very valid point re alchohol in the lockers starting a fire. I've not heard of this happening either but I'm sure you will agree the potential is there. Most of our procedures as CC are based on "unlikely events" and as you corectly point out some of the rationale's are airline specific. You come across as CC? Anything that leaks onto electrics has the potential to start a fire......I just used alchohol as the example. People generally don't purchase milk in duty free

Re window blinds. I would say that if this procedure is not applied that is airline specific. I have worked for 4 airlines post Kegworth and all implement this recommendation. However I could stand corrected on this. maybe they were the only 4 who do?

I just wanted to answer a few FAQ's by the SLF on this thread......nothing more