PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Safety briefs regs and checks. Who benefits and why?
Old 16th Sep 2009, 10:47
VS-LHRCSA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It would be very difficult to show the safety side of the cabin crew position in an ad without potentially scaring many passengers. Perhaps that is why you won't see a commercial of showing an evacuation, or a crew doing CPR, or restraining a passenger having an overdose, or breaking up a couple who are fighting, etc. No-one is going to fly with an airline that confronts it's public with the realities in such a way, even though all airlines deal with the same issues regularly.

Probably the closest I have seen was a BA ad from around 1999 where a group of school children were playing musical chairs. Each child depicted had a caption of their future career. One boy missed out and started having a tantrum. A girl stood up and let him have her seat. Her cabin was something like 'future BA cabin crew member'.

Personally, I hated the ad because I saw it as rewarding bad behavior but I did show something beyond ordinary cabin service, ie: putting yourself out for the benefit of others.