PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Safety briefs regs and checks. Who benefits and why?
Old 16th Sep 2009, 10:28
strake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are highly trained professionals who at any time could be called upon to fire fight, resucitate someone, deliver a baby, manage a decompression situation in flight or evacuate a plane on the ground.
Phew, all that from a three or four week training course. I'm surprised the rest of us bother to do five years medical study or go to university for at least three years to get a degree or take four years to become pilots etc etc..
The majority of frequent air travellers appreciate the work that all staff in airlines provide but I think you need to be a little more circumspect.
Whilst safety is important, so is service. You might be led to believe from your trainers that you are "safety staff" first but show me one advert from any airline, over any time period, which shows cabin crew doing anything other than being handsome/pretty whilst providing some form of service.
If you really want to change the way Cabin Crew are viewed, start with your management, not us.