PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VBA Multiple EBA Woes
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2009, 07:06
knowall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the welcome biton. I can't comment on why VB didn't take some. Was it too old / young / ugly / fat / gay/ not gay enough / bad hair day in the sim or interview / didn't have sufficient virgin flare? To my knowledge of all the CRFOs and FOs only 1 VA CRFO required any additional sim or line training.

If I may correct you. The agreement attached to the VB EBA is for VB pilots to be offered commands in 4/7th of the first 7 aircraft. Not FO slots. Also I didn't make any comment about VB scrapping the bottom of the barrel for pilots. I assume the author was having a crack at the VA pilots. I do believe that for those with experience there is nothing to learn at VB that couldn't be learned in VA.

I imagine we were all hoping VA would follow the VB path. I remember far enough back to the widespread condemnation of 'Pay your own endorsement' and 'Crappy terms and conditions' condemned by all 9 years ago. You seem to have a convenient memory Beeroclock or perhaps you are not old enough to remember. You now condemn us for the same path that the VB pilots took.

Beeroclock given your comments I can only assume that you haven't worked long in GA or a regional or ever worked in place you or your wife didn't like. With so little common ground it is impossible to explain to you why those with experience took the job. Also the criteria referred to was 1000hrs in jets over 40tonnes not 1000TT and that was only available to the VB pilots facing redundancy all of us who were already there had to have 2000hrs in jets over 40tonnes for a FO slot and 4000hrs in jets over 40tonnes for a command.

Chookcooker we didn't decide to start VA anymore than you started VB. VB pilots had first dibs to come across and didn't take it. Now those same people are trying to shaft us for the position they didn't initially want. The risk to VB is only in a disorderly shutdown in the climate of the recent past. We took the risk when times were good and VB could have sold the aircraft on before delivery leaving us high and dry. Those times will return sooner than most realize. I would have thought that the major shareholders were the ones who took the risk and in doing so risked your and now my job. The recent equity raising was over subscribed, so obviously some have confidence in the future. As I said before loads have been really good. Apparently almost every seat in October has been sold