PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VBA Multiple EBA Woes
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2009, 05:11
biton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly, to those VA pilots posting here, welcome to the Virgin Blue group. Yes, I know this is a new perspective for some of you but Vaus happens to be PART of the Virgin Blue group. So from those of us who've worked here for a while, welcome. Secondly, I really can't understand the comments regarding VB scraping the bottom of the barrel last year or the year before that for pilots. What has lead the less intelligent of your clan to come to this conclusion? You may rest assured that there has been a wealth of versatile experience employed into the airline in this time and for you to suggest otherwise without backing your claim makes you appear quite dumb! I am aware of a few Vaus pilots who were unsuccessful with their attempts at VB who were subsequently selected by Vaus. Care to comment? Thirdly, I think most VB pilots are aware of the experience of some of the Vaus cruise FOs and realise that they have every right to progress with minimum fuss however, it is not our fault that the agreement reached in our EBA regarding VB pilots crewing Vaus aircraft was not part of the information given to you at the interview by Vaus management. These VB pilots taking Senior FO and Captain postions was ALWAYS going to happen and the redundancy issue merely expedited things. At the end of the day you accepted a position that has been widely criticised for its terms and conditions and you did it why? Because someone told you it would get better? Maybe some of you really haven't been in this game for very long. Best regards.