PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAA SCP8 Offer
Thread: IAA SCP8 Offer
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2009, 12:26
The Jolly Roger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goatface and Anotherthing....

Get a f***ing grip lads! As Duck already said he asked a simple question obviously trying to figure out where next to turn and you two numpties pin him up and pop some caps in him. Think back to when you had to decide where you wanted your life to go. I'm sure you looked for answers somewhere. So cut the guy some slack and stop being so damn up your own arses!!

Now underdog, to answer your question a little. I left the IAA as a controller to work in the Middle East over a year ago. I have no regrets as it was the best move ever. The IAA aren't a bad company to work for. Obviously like any ANSP they have their moments. With regards all the rmours about what you may or may not be getting paid during your training, give the HR Dept. a call and speak with them. They are very nice a will answer any questions you have re the contract. Getting the contract looked at by a solicitor is sound advice. No harm. The job itself when you eventually get through training is second to none. Shiftwork is great and the money is excellent overall. You have good time off and I think its one of the few jobs that you walk away from most days feeling satisfied. After a couple of years, and your up for a challenge, you can always move abroad or do project work or use your experience to branch out into other areas of aviation.

Given that you have a secure public service job now (although I use "secure" lightly), and the state of the Irish Economy, its obviously a tough decision to make. All I can say to you is whatever decision it is, it soon becomes apparent that its the right one. If you do decide to go and start training, its 100% committment from the off and no less. When you come out the other side (bruised, torn and battered!!!) you will reap the rewards of a great career.

Those numbnuts above who weren't very helpful need to come down off the podium and either give you some useful information or shut the up!! Ultimately its your decision. Its a tough choice but only you can make it dude!.

Best of luck

.....mow back to the beach.