PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F/O reports incompetent captain in Emirates
Old 6th Jun 2002, 08:44
Lunar at home

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have just sat here and read every post regarding the F/O's complaint about a captain at EK. I would like to add that, although you guys and gals are sticking your point of views in, others, for example, myself, are learning. Learning what the 'real' world of aviation is, but i still have the positive things lurking around in my head. It is interesting, and I have never realised, that this whole airline pilot business is not easy going. Infact, it is pretty darn hard, and some of the situations you deal with, referring to crew not emergencies with the aircraft, are pretty serious in my opinion~which in question,COULD jeapordise the aircraft safety as some have mentioned.

Im only 17, with PPL, and i am out to Canada this year to get lots more hours as i am striving to be a pilot for X airline, and i will make it, but anyway, can I ask a few questions regarding this topic, as i am intersted to see what responses will be given. Perhaps others will too?

#1) How common is it that a crew will not get on? Obviously, many many airliners are flying at any one time, and for me, representing passengers generally, it could be quite discomforting to know that alot of the crews up there are arguing about things.

#2) Is it common, as an individual, to bring personal problems to the flight deck? Should you not, or are you not allowed, to say that you would like to not carry out the flight due to problems which you feel may affect the safety of the aircraft?

#3) Is CRM a course? If so, how much is it practise in a room with strangers during this course...because at the moment, i dont want to be rude by saying it doens't get taught alot??

#4) Did any of you realise that people like myself are reading these and beginning to see the 'real' life some pilots have to live in?

#5) As a member of the flight deck crew, would you be happy in people talking about your actions publically?

You guys set the examples here...

Smooth skies,

Dan