PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - 3
Thread: Jet2 - 3
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2009, 11:42
pug

Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts
Rumour been posted on another forum that the new base is a two horse race between DSA and HUY for 1xbased machine.

If this is true i suspect Peel will be offering the top deal, only good point for HUY is that they have just confirmed EMA as next base and MAG may have given a good offer for use of HUY aswell? Plus its a bit further from EMA and LBA too and the charter routes with XL were supposidly profitable. Plenty of room for a based machine or two i suspect.

The thing is DSA now needs another based airline to make up for the loss of routes Thomson no longer serve.
I think judging by their recent expansion that their market has changed from the city destinations to the tour operator and sun routes. I think whichever airport they choose it would be the same for the forseable future. The risk is that Jet2 would only replicate routes currently served by TOM from DSA and also by FR if they come back next summer.

As i say i would have thought Peel will make a good offer but it depends whats been layed on the table with MAG as they just announced the EMA base, could be similar to the FR deal a couple of years ago which saw FR base at EMA and a DUB route being trialed at HUY. That is all assuming the rumour i posted has some truth in it.

Last edited by pug; 4th Oct 2009 at 14:12.