PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - 3
Thread: Jet2 - 3
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2009, 09:57
aidoair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look at the massive clanger Thomson's dropped when they moved out of LBA in favour of DSA.
I think thats a lesson enough for anyone. Can't see Jet2 moving in there at all.
Now what clanger would this be?

Thomson holidays charter business is a great success at DSA with 3 based aircraft this summer and so was there scheduled / high-frequency routes. The reason the latter has more or less finished now is because of a group wide restructuring of the company, back to its orginal routes, the charter market. It's the part Thomson knows best. BOH, CVT, CWL, MAN and LGW among its other larger airports also now no longer serve this scheduled, high-frequency marke. So this to me is no fault of DSA at all.

I know it sounds like i am sticking up for DSA on this thread but as I work in the industry i am a big fan of all airports in the UK and i like them to do well. The thing is DSA now needs another based airline to make up for the loss of routes Thomson no longer serve. While it would be great to see EZY or FR, I think they like expansion on large scales these days. So Jet2 could be the best one for the job. Its a great success story at LBA because it believed in the airport and now look at it.

Last edited by aidoair; 14th Sep 2009 at 13:00.