PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A catalogue of errors!!!
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2002, 20:21
jetstream7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had a search around for Transjet on the web and found the following...

"I recently came home from Zante on a Kosmar holiday. Our flight out of Glasgow with Transjet was delayed from 2:30 until 23:00 The Transjet plane eventually took off at 23:00 and within the hour we were diverted to Gatwick with an engine low on oil pressure for an emergency landing. It was a very bad experience and when we landed most of our group were totally shattered and had no intention of going any further. We were eventually told that we would be boarding an Air 2000 jet at 8:00 and given blankets to make the best of our Gatwick visit. For the return journey we were picked up on the Sunday morning at 8:30 and were first to be checked in at Zante airport at 9:00 our flight was at 11:30. At 12:00 we were told that the aircraft had been diverted to Kefalonia and had landed with damage to the undercarriage. We were eventually flown out of Zante at 21:40 During this second delay we had no contact from any Kosmar reps' as we were stuck in the departure lounge beyond passport control. I now await Kosmars explanation to the whole mess. Will keep you posted "

(Can be found on following website...
http://familytravelforum.com/forum/t...sages/209.html )

Some interesting similarities (and I'm not an expert so I may not be correct in my presumption) with another Transjet tech problem with oil pressure here? Begs the question whether the problems are being fixed properly when they arise ?

Out of interest, as Transjet seem to have an extensive programme out of the UK this summer, are there UK carriers that have sufficient spare capacity to be operating these flights instead of them ?

(Edited to add, I hope they sort their issues out soon as this kind of situation is no good for anyone - airlines, tour ops or passengers...)

Last edited by jetstream7; 18th Jun 2002 at 12:26.