PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 11th Sep 2009, 11:00
99jolegg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Grass Strip Basher
Go easy on 99jolegg.... he is probably just waking up to the fact that he has paid a fortune for a training course with very little chance of a permanent job at the end of it. I would be a bit bitter if I was in his shoes and had been sold a story by CTC.
Thanks for your concern, but I'm not waking up to anything.

I don't think the chance of a permanent job is the biggest question - the time to that permanent job is more of an issue. I've personally planned for 2 years in the hold pool. Maybe that's wrong, maybe it'll be longer, maybe the hold pool will be emptied and I'll be a fish on dry land but these are uncharted waters and you have no more of an idea of the future (with regards to CTC's placing ability) than the next person simply because this situation has never occurred before (I refer to CTC's presence in this situation). The difference being, yourself and TheBeak will tell people what will happen when really you are guessing.

Other airline pilots (away from family and CTC) seem to think that 2 years or so from finishing the course (bearing in mind the course finishing time is 2010) isn't an unrealistic time to expect anything to happen. Again, they may be right, they may be wrong. They're guessing too so I don't attribute their words with any more weight than I do to those with the opposing argument.

Advice from anyone with any experience is always good...shame a few people on here cannot manage it without being denigrating and patronising, though.