PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Students
Thread: Oxford Students
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2009, 06:58
flypy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Care to tell how you gained all your solo hours after you got your PPL towards your CPL? What are you trying to imply with that sarcasm? That cross country naving for a PPL student is worthless while they gain hours and imrpove their VFR flying skills?
The problem with the flyaway is that most of them go on straight line routes, set the GPS, set TOCs and TODs, switch on the autopilot and then just log the hours. That's not experience, and doesn't improve VFR skills. Experience is sh!t weather, DR navving without a GPS, landing an aircraft at a high gross weight on an unprepared strip, making decisions for yourself. If it really adds to the discussion, I did some interstate flying and a lot of DR navs to strips other than YLTV. I nearly died once in a VFR into IMC incident, good experience to have that one.

I wasn't aware I was trying make you jealous
You weren't, your mate/partner-in-crime nkand said that we must all be jealous of you. Dunno why.

but its idiots like flypy who mightve had a bad experience with the school (I'd assume through fault of his own)
My experience wasn't that bad, its just that my eyes were opened significantly after I left, and my field of experience widened. That's all i've ever said about it, and I don't think that's unreasonable. Oxford/Basair/RMIT whatever, the experiences are one-dimensional and too often unrealistic. If that makes me an idiot so be it. Oxford has some good people there, CFI is a top guy and as I said before, I know plenty of people there who I count as friends. But they see the deficiences as well.

This thread is pointless now.
A thread that is fun is never pointless