PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 11th Sep 2009, 06:44
Phantasm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not trying to 'nitpick', and that's the truth, however -

By circumstances, I don't mean does this particular individual have £8,000 (if you're smart) to 'spunk on fresh air' as you so eloquently put it... What if the guy already has a job flying? Jobs with initial requirements CPL/MEIR/MCC/JOC/737TR blah blah blah aint the only (dying) harvest out there... maybe he works for a small operator or business who don't use simulators, hence renewals on the actual aeroplane? Trust me, for every ten jobs you'll find on PPJN or whatever you use, you'll find another hundred through word of mouth, granted your smaller operators, but why spend money advertising when you already have ten or fifteen people you know who are looking for work? Sorry, but that's the truth.

If there are people on here seriously looking to fly, you need to stop faffing around with all these CVs and telephone calls to a half arsed receptionist somewhere, get off your backside and knock on some doors, wash some planes, answer some A/G calls, whatever you need to do to get into the scene. On that note, folks with fATPLs working at big airports for 'experience' are doing themselves no favours - get out of there and into a smaller airfield doing whatever you can find. The only exception I can think of is if you're working in ops for one of the bigger carriers, but if you're lifting the SLF's luggage into planes, lol, it aint helping you.

My apologies for the thread drift, and good luck to all