PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Students
Thread: Oxford Students
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2009, 09:23
GADRIVR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Geez you blokes are harsh!!!!
Nkand.....generally speaking I've been kinda impressed with the product thats been turned out by GFS/Oxford over the last few years. Standards and procedure driven students can't be all bad!
I'm not that sure that flying a glass cockpit over steam driven is an advantage or disadvantage. You're flying VFR in your commercial training so you really shouldn't be looking at the dials for more than 5% of the time.
Unless you jag yourself an airline job with a couple of hundred hours (HIGHLY unlikely)......sorry mate , it's off to GA and all the fun that it entails!!!.
GFS/Oxford wouldn't prepare you any better than any other "reputable" school for an airline job so I'd be on this forum, ringing mates in GA, going for a drive around the traps to try for your first GA job now....not when you're finished.

"As for the original question posted You will find that that a licence is a licence at the end of the day and no one really cares if you flew glass or steam but your future employer will be expecting you to be able to handle yourself or adapt quickly to unfamiliar aircraft and strips. My advice is to get out of your comfort zone and get familiar with other aircraft ie 206/210 and find an instructor who will show you the in's and outs of a real operational enviroment"
Probably the best advice given here I think.
Good luck....any further questions., PM me