PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 9th Sep 2009, 11:57
Fargoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fargoo,

Obviously you have insight into the new orders not yet deferred no?

There are only a few new (3 more I believe after G-YMMM's replacement) 777 aircraft coming this year and nothing for next year at all.
Perhaps my ear is to the ground a little more than yours. Either way I have no stake in this dispute just thought I'd mention that the numbers game is never as simple as it first seems.

I think really the only true way to calculate the numbers is to compare overall fleet size before and after the new deliveries and stand downs.

Standing down the 757 fleet for example was planned a long time ago and A320's have been purchased to replace them (these are already with us).
Some of the stood down 747s have been replaced with the new 777s with more 777s coming next year.

As an outsider to this dispute I see clearly why some CC may feel the flight crew members on this board are trying to spin the figures as much as BASSA.

As I said, it's not as simple as taking the number of stood down/retired aircraft and multiplying by x amount of crew. I'm sure BA CC management would love if it was.