PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2009, 20:26
JKKne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The other side of the coin

After my little rant about arriving into Newcastle I feel it only right to describe my departures experience back home to Palma through Newcastle.

The revolving doors, I hate them too, but for the first time I got around in one without some dozy duffer clattering into them and stopping the bloody things

Check in was a breeze. Quick and efficient and a really smiley chatty airline rep who made the whole dull process rather bearable.

The queue at security was fairly large but very well managed, passengers were clearly communicated to (ladies shoes off only! ) and directed to other scanners and again all with a smile.

I found the airside prices reasonable (alas...Palma really must be getting expensive!) and again the service was good and an impressive choice for the airport since my last visit. I even foregoed a visit to the lounge to watch the planes from those big glass windows.

Boarding was prompt, well managed, adhered to and we left dead bang on time.

So, felt it only right to praise as well as criticise. Fly back in 2 weeks for a birthday so we'll see if they keep up the good work!