PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VBA Multiple EBA Woes
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2009, 11:43
hunglo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the link to the VIPA decision.

Well, I admit that I did go into VA with the knowledge that it wasn't Emirates, ETIHAD, Qatar or even QF. I knew that the light rosters were only transitory. But I wasn't complaining about that. I save that little tidbit for later.

Who said I was a cruise FO. Even if I was, why is it so unbelievable that a cruise FO could know anyone in VB with the knowledge. Its hardly a secret. I'm told that the number is just to cope with attrition not expansion.

Having said that, no one has tried to explain why VIPA will do a better job than the AFAP.

I agree that the VA pilots need to be organised now. Not necessarily that it should be under VIPA. The recent (in)action at VB by the AFAP was more to do with the VB pilots themselves as stated by ad-astra earlier in this thread. The lack of support for their own pilots screwed over both FOs and CRFOs at VA. In fact the outcome for the VB pilots pushed to VA was probably pretty good for them in addition to the existing requirement that all the command slots for aircraft 4-7 have to be offered to VB pilots.

The VB Pilot Council happily went down that path with the full knowledge of the ramifications both for their own guys and VA pilots. So now,with the weight of numbers against VA pilots why would I trust them to act in my interests in a single representative body. I understand why the VIPA advocates want this - more pilots means more subscriptions, without which it is difficult to fight the big battles.

The best outcome is a organisation that only represents VA pilots. That doesn't mean that it can't be the same union or that that can't work together, just separate councils, voting, issues etc.

Remember - SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Last edited by hunglo; 8th Sep 2009 at 11:47. Reason: forgot to say somthing