PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F/O reports incompetent captain in Emirates
Old 4th Jun 2002, 07:53
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow

Would you say the content of your postings here on PPRuNe have generally shown you to be a tolerant and non-abrasive individual, 411A ?

Again, your statement, "especially copilots who think they are command material... appears to me either extremely naieve, or you have ignored/resisted any CRM training given. In your day, YOU were God in the aircraft with the F/O there to be "seen, but not heard". Correct?

Companies employ First Officers as future Captains, they are there to learn and build experience, to ask advice and to offer an opinion, as well as to MONITOR the safe operation of each flight.
Even YOU made mistakes, 411a - although I'm sure that you're hard pressed to remember any!

Fortunately for the passengers, the airlines, and the insurance companies, there are far fewer Tyrants in the lhs today than there were when you flew professionally. Crews have learnt the value of working as a TEAM, and the DANGER of NOT sharing opinions.

Did YOU ever consider yourself the "square peg in the round hole", 411A? Again, I venture that you would answer "No" to that question.
Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in EVERY way.

At your late stage in life, 411A here's a little advice from someone with 7 years less in the industry than you - Try talking WITH people, not AT them.