PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gusty conditions on approach
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2009, 12:13
hatzflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lister,No need to be sorry, you've done nothing wrong!
I'm only over the hedge, pop over for a chat (tibenham).PM me.

For the purpose of answering your question publically..here goes.

On a LAA permit, previously PFA, many designs were plans built and the engine installation was often not included.
Provided it met certain criteria it was up to the inspector to clear it.
More modern designs are often sold as kits, but very few include engines although this is changing and now becoming normal.

The Europa (as mentioned) was sold as a kit of airframe parts only.Older kits had foam core wings which were covered in fibreglass and sanded by the buider (in simple terms). this can lead to all sorts of differances in handling caused by weight, imbalance,differences in profile etc etc.
Later kits had a better system.

Couple this to the fact that people have fitted Jabaru, volkswagen(never seen one fly), saburu with/without reduction drive, and rotax of varing horsepower ...engines and it becomes easy to see how performance will vary very much from one to another and so will handling.

Add to the mis-mash ground adjustable props, fixed pitch props, constant speed props and simple variable pitch props.

Throw in a little mixture of monowheel, trike, or tailwheel undercarriage and you can soon begin to understand that the manufacturer of the original kit has very little control over the end product.As a result they cannot offer a POH!!!
edited
Bose.
Ok it would take all day to explain every avenue of every topic, but you are only talking about releively new designs
Ok Tell me where to get a POH for my jodel D9,or my Nipper,or my Moni, or for that matter my vans rv4 fitted with a one off engine installation.