PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VBA Multiple EBA Woes
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2009, 03:47
Grogbog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Real wages have been in decline for over 20 years (I couldn't be bothered to find a link to the data). When wages are adjusted for inflation we (employees) are all far worse off in 2009 than we really acknowledge. Governments love inflation because it's the hidden tax that ensures you never get ahead, get punished for saving and continue to work like a good little Lemming till you are old and grey

Whenever I see 3% a year increments offered I cringe. The real inflation rate (not the doctored "weighted" CPI) has been well above 5% for the past few years and is probably still around that figure. When we accept 3% or 4% gross wage increases we are in fact taking a pay cut - Why do we accept this crap? Why don't the useless Unions take up the fight to get fair increases that maintain the buying power and standard of living of the workers? I'll never join a Union as I think they are p!ssweak for not fighting for fair increases, they are just part of the deadwood "leaching" schemers who screw the workers for their own benefit.

3% payrise, once taxed (at average 30%) leaves you with a (net) 2% pay increase to cope with 5% inflation.... compund that over 5 or 10 years and see what you have lost

All VB employees need to stand up and fight far a fair wage increase... If you get a small (or no) pay increase you are just getting lied to and r00ted a bit harder this time around...