PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chris Darke to be re-elected!!! Vote
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2002, 00:59
airrage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've voted for many Elections in BALPA before, doesn't anyone else think it stinks that for the first time BALPA felt it necessary to even include a list who nominated which candidates ? I don't remember ever seeing this info before, correct me if I am mistaken.

Surely it couldn't be to try and influence yet again the results of what to date has been a Democratic circus. How many votes will now be cast like this, "Gee, I don't know either of these guys but if my CC rep thinks Chris D is the man then that's who I'm going to vote for."

If they run an Election this badly, how confident are members here that BALPA HQ are professional enough to run a legal Indutrial Action, where the guidlines are much more complex and STRICTLY enforced, not by in-house lawyers from the same side.

We don't know the answer to the above question(Industrial Action)because miraculously we have never seen BALPA tested in this area. However, we do know that despite having 95% balloted support in recent history they are very good at conceding without a fight.