PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SLF and Flight Profiles
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2009, 14:04
IntheTin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
However, having someone stewing in the back of the aircraft flight after flight wondering what the heck the guys up front are doing does no one any good, and if nothing else degrades the confidence the passengers should have in their pilots and the reputation of the helicopter company to boot.
OK, so I said it in my previous post. The passengers that we carry out here in the Middle East, and this is going to read horrible, are usually from a country that is classed as third world. I'm trying not to sound like I'm better than the passengers but they won't have been as fortunate as me to be educated I'm sure.
Their English isn't the best. They have been doing these flights to and from the rigs for many years. They hop in and we fly them out. Even if the management had explained that the 412 has a different profile than the 139 they won't care. They want to get to work and earn that shiny stuff!
Airwave45 said in a previous thread that the GHC pilots fly to his liking! I don't think he being critical only making a point about the take off. He can always ask why it seems so different!

Passengers are a captive audience at heliports. A short brief from the dispatcher and a few posters go a long way to engender understanding. I've heard that Gulf Helicopters is a good company though I have no firsthand experience with them. Are they being well served having their customers questioning the safety of their operation unanswered, particularly when the answer is that the maneuver being flown actually makes the operation safer?
They see that video and the posters everyday. They fly everyday. They won't care how we do it just do it!!
Gulf is a good company IMHO
Airwave45 never mention anything about safety