PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SLF and Flight Profiles
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2009, 07:05
helimutt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just thought horse cack sounded more acceptable than hoss sh!t. I do agree that any manouevre which the passengers might not be used to could be explained to them, possibly after the flight, which we have done and will continue to do so to keep the pax happy, but a normal take off profile, just because it may seem weird to slf, doesn't need explanation.

Some don't take a whole amount of notice of the video briefing they get every day they fly, so why should we start telling them other things? One example, we fly guys offshore every day who generally are day trippers. They know pretty much what to expect during a flight, so why is it that on return to base, even after being briefed not to undo their seatbelts until the rotors have come to a complete stop, do we continue to hear the unbuckling of seatbelts sometimes just as we arrive back on stand? That's after being briefed that the seatbelt sign will go off as we shut down but to keep the belt fastened anyway until rotor stop. We don't tell them it just to hear the sound of our own voice.
I have to say I disagree that on introduction to an aircraft type, the pax have all the profiles explained to them. I'm sure if they were interested they'd probably come on PPRuNe and ask away, or become friendly with Google!
I can't remember ever wondering why I haven't been told the take off profile of a 747/777/737 etc. I just expect the pilots to do what they're 'hopefully' trained to do. If something unusual happens then fine, mention it.

I'll belt up now.