PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cruel Irony dept.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2009, 17:30
DOUBLE BOGEY

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
Jonny Swaarve Troos

I have to agree with JST on this one. It is clearly ironic that a poor bloke who spends his life trying to make things safer loses his life in the very subject of his labours. It is a tragedy also, and I agree with RAINBOW (to a degree) that there is some implied pleasure by the poster.

Still if we did not try to see something humerous in all tragedies, just to keep us sane, none of us would probably get airborne.

Having said all that the backstabbing and sniping does not give a very good impression of the authors posting here and yes, maybe some EGOs are so big that the real message (That it is first and foremost a tragedy) is lost whilst the EGOs clash over the meaning of a word, or the implied meaning of someones ill-thought-out posting.

I think it is therefore far significant that the likes of a journalist can see the IRONY in some of the above posts that imply serious character defects in a workgroup that is supposed to be lauded for its stability, CRM, and general all round good-eggedness (not sure if that is a real word).

If someone makes a bit of a booboo, surely a gently chastisment would suffice, rather than the holier than thou lambastments that seem to be a feature of these types of thread.

But, most of all, the thread is about a terrible tradegy!!!!!!