PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military Airworthiness
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2009, 13:58
tucumseh

Received 172 Likes on 65 Posts
I have yet to listen to Kevan Jones, but if he really said that staffs have withheld their concerns while serving then he is a liar.

I have an extensive archive of such notifications stretching back to 1991. I have placed these concerns in writing to 1, 2, 3 and 4 Stars, four Mins(AF) and PUS.

At least 4 fatal Board of Inquiry reports have made recommendations reflecting word for word what I recommended years before, some on the same aircraft.

With the exception of the 3 Star (DCE of DPA) and PUS (as they didn't bother replying) I retain all their replies. They clearly demonstrate MoD's consistent stance - that the implementation of the airworthiness regulations is optional, to be ignored if they inconveniently delay a programme, add cost or embarrass more senior staffs.

But, far more importantly, each of the above has ruled, in writing, that an officer holding such delegation can be instructed to make a false written declaration to the effect he has complied with the regulations, when he has been instructed not to. That is fraud, abrogation of duty of care and gross negligence. When deaths result, add manslaughter.

(And, JP, to answer your question on the Mull thread, YES!!).