PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus suspends pilots & ops (merged)
Old 3rd Jun 2002, 17:49
Baily

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Customers make pay days possible

My earlier post was prompted by a perception of a lack of commerciality (is that a real word?) in the many interesting posts on this thread.

Of course I want to fly on a safe airline with contented and rested crews but I am also keen to fly on a profitable airline as my experience of business is that profits are the secret to a good, secure and continuing company. Therefore I am eager to know that management is concerned with my comfort and safety but I will be very concerned indeed if they do not see me as a source of profit. A customer who does not generate a profit is seldom worth having and is unlikely to be cared for.

Businesses are run for profit not for their staff or their customers - however sensible managers soon recognise that the only way to regular profits is contented customers and that the best way of securing these is contented staff.

"A good pool of pilots is worth its weight in gold..." - Yes of course but only if they earn a profit.

I do apologise as a non-professional pilot if this sounds patronising. I do not mean to be so and I agree that most of my comments are truisms. However pilots could do so much more to recognise the truth of my headline. We are the point of it all not just SLF