PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPLs or MECIR??
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2009, 02:03
Pilotette

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jmoody...You've had some good points presented to you here that I'm sure have made you think about what feels right for you. If you think you can handle sitting in a PA28, C152 or C172 for the next couple of years, doing hardly any hands-on flying and enjoying it then maybe instructing is for you. Personally, I don't think I could do it (I haven't tried so I can't knock it completely) but I know just how much I enjoy doing charter or even scenics, where I have control and there is a progression of different aircraft to look forward to. Not to mention the fun you can have outside your comfort zone of the city, going into different strips, meeting different people & making mates for life. At the end of the day its your decision on what you can see yourself doing but I'm putting another vote towards ATPLs, MECIR and going bush.

Disclaimer: I am definitely not an experienced charter pilot (but I'm sure some others here are) and I'm not saying that the bush/charter/scenic option is easy, but it's worth the hard hard yards in my eyes. Good luck with whatever choice you make.